Every month my play box comes I can’t help but get that fuzzy feeling.
This month the theme was Minimalist. Which I thought was perfect for the summer. They gave you so many amazing products that I had no idea where to start.
1. Tocca Florence: This perfume reminded me of cucumber mist. Personally that scent never mixes well with my body chemistry and causes it to smell like baby powder. I know that if I give it to my mom it will sit well with her and give her that slight mist smell.
2. Bumble and bumble Don’t Blow It: It completely tames this crazy mane of mine. Usually I can never leave the house without blow drying it and styling it. I have to do this otherwise my hair will decide for me what kind of mood it’s in. So my mind was blown that this Bumble and bumble product tames my volume and fizz. I have used this product twice already and I’m in love! I already know that this will be a summer favorite.
3. tarte Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30: This is a perfect way to introduce sunscreen into your daily routine. I know that putting on that extra SPF can be hard to not only to remember but to actually want to do it. I always heard from friends that they never put on sunscreen because they could never get past the smell. Well the good news is that this sunscreen smells amazing. It doesn’t at all remind me of the typical sunscreen that you would dread putting on at the beach. Another plus is that doesn’t leave your skin feeling gross and greasy, which is a big deal for me since I have oily skin.
4. bareMinerals bareSkin® Sheer Sun™ Serum Bronzer: I had never used a bronzer before so I found myself reading the Sephora June Play pamphlet. They said that the best way to introduce this is just by mixing a few drops with your foundation. So as I applied it I started to get that beautiful sun kissed beach look. But be very careful on how many drops you add because a little goes a long way.
5. BECCA Backlight Priming Filter: This is another great product to mix with your foundation. Since I have oily skin my desire for luminous products I would say is very low. But this product does it so faintly that it gives you a beautiful dewy (but not oily) glow. This product doesn’t have any glitter or shimmer in it which is great, but has a sheen that makes my skin look healthy. It has a slight smell that kind of smells like lemon tarts (which I’m not complaining about) but it doesn’t leave your face smelling that way all day.
6. Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara: I have tried out this mascara before and had a love, hate relationship with it. I have very straight and long eyelashes so getting them to stay up and keep their curl is mission impossible. So in a way this product did help them lift a little but it didn’t create a “They’re Real!” moment. My only problem was that the wand would cause so many clumps whenever I would get ready to use it. Since it did that a lot my mascara ended up drying out.
All in all I loved my box for this month. I think what I love most about this monthly subscription is that it teaches me so much about makeup. I learn how to apply it properly, what works well for me and most importantly it reminds me to have fun with it. I hope you all enjoy my review for this month. Feel free to comment below your favorite product this week or which ones you are curious about. Any shares and likes are appreciated.